Blog Response to "The Daily B"

Evie Reed's blog post, "Local Relevance: Class Discussion", she talks about one of the seven yardsticks of journalism that we all learned. Specifically, local relevance.

Evie accurately and easily explains what local relevance means with understandable examples. She also does a great job of explaining why local relevance is important and should never go overlooked.

I also agree with her sentence "When the stations mainly focus on big stories that don't impact our community, the news that is really important to us...always seems rushed. This is very true to me. n the mornings, radio shows very briefly cover traffic and road closings. It's usually under 15 seconds of crucial info that I need t know to get to school safely and on time.

My only suggestion to Evie is to separate her paragraphs to make her blog entries easier to read. I frequently lost my place when reading her entry. Separating different ideas with paragraphs would make her blog nearly perfect! Well done, Evie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News Critique: Newsworthy or Money Grabbing?

WHAS 11 Reported Kroger Shooting Well

Types of Communication